(the misadventures of an expatriate corporate dropout)

Sunday, May 25, 2008

third time's a charm.

On Thursday, I embark upon my third move since March 19th.  This has been a 3 phase process.

Phase 1 - Ship to France.

Phase 2 - Ship to California.

Phase 3 - Ship to storage.

All that will be left is to ship myself to France.  (well that's after I rent the house and sell the car and take care of some doggy stuff.)  but still.

Prior to this, I had moved twice in 10 years.  So 3 moves in three months is a whole lot of moving.  Now would be the place to say something about how I am an expert now and could do it with my eyes closed and should go into business and get rich doing it and ...  but let me tell you that there is not enough money printed to convince me that this would be a worthwhile pursuit.

moving stinks.  not one charming thing about it.  except when it is over.

now arriving.  I bet there are many virtues to extol regarding arriving.  stay tuned and we'll see.

11 comments:

La Belette Rouge said...

Ugh, I so feel for you. In March we moved from Chicago to Austin. In June we will move our stuff out of storage then take it to California and put it into storage. Then we will move to France in August. This too shall pass and then we'll be in France. All of it will be so worth it.

Non Je Ne Regrette Rien said...

LBR- I KNEW you were my people! and trust me, I feel your pain. We'll have to find a way to share a toast en France!

Randal Graves said...

I've moved twice in thirty years (not counting college). Three in three months seems a bit much! Bonne chance !

Non Je Ne Regrette Rien said...

merci RG, merci beaucoup!

Anonymous said...

45 days until you leave....we are awaiting the 90 day mark and then we will celebrate, 90 days will fly by.
i actually like moving...i like getting rid of stuff, sorting through stuff, packing stuff up, unpacking and organizing. Unfortunately i won't have to do much when we go because we are renting the house out furnished..only thing is emptying our drawers and closets and the house we are renting in france is fully furnished, although we will have to make a trip to IKEA in Toulouse for some towels and sheets and probably a few goodies for the kitchen.
I'm so excited for you!

Mignonne said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Non Je Ne Regrette Rien said...

OJL-Maybe we can hit IKEA together ... I need a kitchen sink. well in fact I need a Kitchen! (ha) You LIKE moving? * runs for thermometer*

BenefitScroungingScum said...

Quel horrible! And now I realise I can't put together even a simple sentence in French, sigh. Bonne chance, Bendy Girl

Anonymous said...

Moving blows no matter how you look at it. The packing, unpacking, selling, etc. I hate it. I've moved so many times my head spins.

Non Je Ne Regrette Rien said...

"moving blows": tee-shirt-worthy :0)

Non Je Ne Regrette Rien said...
This comment has been removed by the author.