(the misadventures of an expatriate corporate dropout)

Friday, September 20, 2024

wouldn't it be funny ...

 if an absolutely random stumble across a blog that I haven't looked at or written upon in 10 years led me to actually write vs. read again? if reading my own forgotten words actually inspired me to put some others together? I mean it's not like I don't have 10 years of material floating around in my ever decaying noggin. 

I don't want to jinx myself but opening the laptop this morning, I felt a tiny tickle that used to lead me to the itch to write. Haven't felt that in ages. When I say jinx, I mean sabotage really because that is how my particular mind works. I am so contrary that I am against myself as well. The minute I tell myself I should do this or that, I then say to self, "you're not the boss of me!" and procrastination creep begins. So instead of some lofty promise that I am recommencing the blog or committing to write xx number of updates per week..month..whatever; I am just going to react to that tickle and begin. Whether it ends after this or continues, we will just have to see.

I went to market this morning, inspired by my own descriptive prose of the whys and whats at market. I haven't been in a while.... explanation for that may (or not) come next. September is a lovely time for market here, past the crush of August crowds but still more than the usual number of stalls and vendors hopeful to interest the September tourists who are fewer and usually more circumspect in there visit. It was a bit sprinkly this morning but the sun pushed through, turning into a fine autumn day.

I grabbed a couple of kilos of end of harvest tomatoes along with some potatoes and carrots; from the local farm so dirt still clinging (just as I like them). I had a coffee with a fellow shop owner, une française, who was quite surprised to see me and warm in her greeting. We've formed a friendship since I was last writing here and there may be some stories to come. 

We'll see.



No comments: