(the misadventures of an expatriate corporate dropout)

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

new photos are up!

well folks, I've been working my fanny off and have been pretty worn out. Got some new photos up on flickr (check box in sidebar) and more to take...today is the start of a long holiday week-end here, everything is closed today ... I'll be in the atelier working on the windows.

I will take some photos of those ... finally recharged my camera ... the project has been tedious but will save us a lot of money and I've learned another new thing! The windows have forged iron frames (I think my previous owner made them), they are quite rare now so we want to save them. Once the work I described earlier is done, I will be painting them a Bordeaux red (the frames). et voila!

My project list for the week-end, in addition to the windows ... is to garden and possibly strip my kitchen floors and finish painting the bathroom and hit some vide-greniers on Sunday and vacuum and mop my stairway and upstairs and ... well, the list is long long long!

all of this will fall by the wayside if I get a call from Bruce and Alisa to hop on over to look at some of their potential projects!

more to tell you soon, including my visit to l'Aveyron, a fun music night with Wreckless Eric & Amy Rigby in Perigueux and adventures with the prefecture!

2 comments:

Randal Graves said...

Does a week go by where you frogs don't have a long holiday weekend? No, I'm not jealous.

Very groovy shots, but it's quite strange to see gardening equipment for sale outside of a big box store.

Don't eat all the strawberries, I'll be over for the next batch.

Non Je Ne Regrette Rien said...

rg-I'm beginning to think not. those are 'les gariguettes' from the Perigord and they are as sweet as they come. The first flat I bought went into jam, now I'm just eating them like bonbons!