(the misadventures of an expatriate corporate dropout)

Friday, March 21, 2008

desperately seeking resolve.


The few weeks of build-up toward my big final day had my stomach in knots and my mind atwirl. In spite of brave attempts to keep my departure under wraps, the final end was anti-climatic ... nearly all colleagues and perhaps even distant acquaintances apparently were aware of the news. So I kind of limped through my last few hours ... wrote a quick adieu to members of my department and exited for the final time.

It was not long past noon. I headed for the mall. I decided to shoot my wad of remaining recognition dollars on a satchel. It is a striking blue color, the color of the walls in our décor shop, Mignonne, which my daughter and I own. Somehow appropriate. I followed that with a long, 2 wine lunch.

Went home. Sat myself down and pondered my future. hmmmmmmmmm

No comments: