(the misadventures of an expatriate corporate dropout)

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

last night a dj saved my life ... well okay, my trip. sorta.

I got a night out in the city where hearts are left high on hills and cable cars run halfway to the stars ... it was quite a treat.

I figured I'd better have at least one post about an experience I liked ...

Cocktails with one of my mostest bestest and dearest friends ... followed by more drinks and some of the hottest dj music I've heard and bounced my money-maker to in ages! we slurped some delicious "poire" concoction that tasted like more and so I did! and did! and DID!

we closed the place up at 2am on a Monday night!!!

and then, someBODY (hmmm) got a bright idea to segue to a kiddie park and take a twirl down the slide in high heels and landed ker-PLUNK ... right where the magic happens ... and I've been kinda limping along for a few days with a shiner on my tailbone. good times, good times!

good thing no inspections are in order cos man, I'd have some 'splainin to do!

I do loves to dance folks, and mister man was spinning the old school mixed with today like nobody's business.

8 comments:

Randal Graves said...

You young people and your dancing frightens me. I think it will be the downfall of society, ringa ding ding.

Kathleen said...

This is just what you needed.. you dancin' fool!! Wish I could have been there with you...sounds like so much fun.

Non Je Ne Regrette Rien said...

rg-okay gramps. ;P

kathleen-t'is I, the broke-butt fool! I want more (dancin' that is)!

Jadie said...

all i wanna know is...where's that club in sf?! my childhood best friend is coming to town with her 20 year old daughter, and THAT sounds like a fun place to take them.

Non Je Ne Regrette Rien said...

jadie-matrix in the marina. used to be Pierce St. Annex. have fun and thanks for coming to my blog!

amy said...

Haven't had time to check your progress in CA - sounds like you needed a night like this! What fun.

hope you have some more good festive times, and see you back in France soon!

JChevais said...

You needed a little dj lift. It sounds like your trip is like my trip to Canada was. Bleh.

Wishing you oodles of christmas joy and luv.

And more shaking the money maker moments.

Randal Graves said...

I must cast aspersions at dancing because I cannot do that particular deed. Though I do hope the Incredible Shrinking Ass® is feeling better. Don't drink too much egg nog today and tomorrow!