(the misadventures of an expatriate corporate dropout)

Wednesday, December 24, 2008

happy kwanzaa baby jesus.


so the final countdown of madness and mayhem will bring us soon to the big day ... the day where fevered consumerism peaks in a mad and merry outburst of shredded wrap, burst bubbles, tipsy tippling and gastronomic excess. Interspersed with pigskin battles and familial meltdowns.

or not!

me and mine will be sharing dinner with friends. somehow in all the flying back and forth to France, preparing Mignonne for the holiday season, sleeping on couches and other general distractions ... Santa's shenanigans got lost in the shuffle and kerfuffle.

whatever your big day consists of, may it bring you at least a smattering of what your inner visions longed for!

and if santa baby shimmied down your chimney with something extraordinary, drop me a comment so I can be envious from afar!

6 comments:

La Framéricaine said...

Merry Christmas, ma chère Kim! I hope that you have a wonderful Christmas season with your family and friends before you high-tail it back to la belle France!

For Christmas Le F and I visited the Gulf Coast city of Campeche and the Mayan ruins of Edzna as a gift from our friends, Lía and Francisco. It was like a fairy tale.

Amitiés,

Betty Carlson said...

Happy holidays! Are you dazzled with my profundity?

Non Je Ne Regrette Rien said...

LaF-I'm green with envy, a friend invited me to Oaxaca and Mexico City for a week in January ... but we just couldn't pull off the scheduling. Zut!

Betty C. - The brevity of your thought struck me as very profound, I am dazzled indeed.

Randal Graves said...

I got war criminal indictments against BushCo. Then I woke up and it was a black sweat jacket. Which I actually do need.

Hope everyone's Saturnalia was groovy.

leon's life said...

The bestest present Santa brought he a pair of Kickers,like these:

http://www.kickers.fr/FR/femme.htm?id=573&page=3

Just as well as it's bloddy freezing here.

Pauline

The Frogblogger said...

And a Bonne Année 2009 to you too! When do you get back?