(the misadventures of an expatriate corporate dropout)

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

repost. not to be confused with riposte.


I just needed to have my new home up at the top. After all, I still have over 70 days until I move and I am getting antsy. I needed to remind myself why I am doing these million and one tasks. Most of the pictures of my house are deceiving, they were used in the real estate ad and were taken while it was occupied. Although it is 17th C and I don't have to rebuild from scratch ... there are floors to refinish and false ceilings to remove and painting to do and light fixtures to procure and I will be renovating the kitchen and baths and hopefully exposing more beams and some stones and well, there's the garden too.... *sigh* can't arrive soon enough!

hold tight, and I'll get to the riposte shortly... (not the jousting move ... in everyday language, a riposte can also describe a quick and witty reply to an argument or an insult. It is synonymous with a retort. or in other words, a familiar form of language emanating from my lips).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I drove through this area recently. Beautiful! I'm so excited to follow your journey!

Non Je Ne Regrette Rien said...

thanks, I'm excited too! HA! stuff dreams are made of, keep fighting for yours, ya hear?!